Πέμπτη 10 Ιουνίου 2010

OZZY OSBOURNE: Speaks to Sky Sports About the World Cup

For all true football fans, in celebration of the World Cup 2010 kicking off this Friday, Sky Sports scored an interview with one Ozzy Osbourne this week. A little gem from that interview includes, Ozzy quipping: “The only World Cup I remember was in 1966.” Americans may not realize, but this is when England first won the World Cup

Further excerpts read as follows:

“The only World Cup I remember was in 1966 when England played West Germany in the final and Bobby Moore was the captain,” he said. “When it got to the last goal in extra-time it was brilliant.

“I was in my house with my parents where I grew up. We were watching on a black and white TV and you could hear a pin drop when the match was on because my father was well into it.

“I wasn’t into it so much, I was more into the rock ‘n’ roll lifestyle back then. I’m not really a dedicated follower of soccer, but 1966 was very memorable to me. It was unbelievable.

“I was about 18 years old, but there weren’t any parties afterwards, we had no money for parties, a party was a black eye in them days.

“I had a girlfriend watching the football with me, I think. She was trying to talk to me and I was like, ’shut up!’”

You can read the rest of the interview with Ozzy Obsourne here.

source: siN's Metal News