Τρίτη 18 Μαΐου 2010

GUS G.: DIO's 'Music Will Continue To Inspire And His Legacy Will Live On Forever'


Greek guitarist Gus G. (OZZY OSBOURNE, FIREWIND, DREAM EVIL, ARCH ENEMY) has issued the following statement regarding the passing of legendary heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio (DIO, HEAVEN & HELL, BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW):
"On the night of May 16th, I was shocked to read the news. Ronnie James Dio, a true rock giant, is no longer with us.
"My condolences go out to his family and close ones and my thoughts are with you.
"His music with DIO, BLACK SABBATH and RAINBOW has had a huge impact on me and FIREWIND's sound. One of the bands I used to play in also got its name from one of his songs — that was DREAM EVIL. "While I never had the chance to meet him, FIREWIND played a festival with HEAVEN & HELL in 2009 and I got to see him perform. No doubt, it was one of the best shows I've ever seen and I was amazed by his energy and how spot-on all his notes were.
"His music will continue to inspire and his legacy will live on forever. "Thank you for your magic, Ronnie James Dio."
source: blabbermouth.net