Δευτέρα 17 Μαΐου 2010

OPETH Frontman On RONNIE JAMES DIO's Passing: 'There Is A Massive Hole In My Heart'


Vocalist/guitarist Mikael Åkerfeldt of Swedish progressive metallers OPETH has posted the following message on the band's web site regarding the passing of legendary heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio (DIO, HEAVEN & HELL, BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW):

"I saw the news last night and I hated them.

"Ronnie James Dio is gone…. I love him almost like a family member, and I feel empty and lonely knowing he's not around anymore. He sits on my wall as he has since my family moved in here. Can't bring myself to hear him sing right now, even though I think it might be comforting if I did.

"I was fortunate enough to meet him and share a few drinks with him once, and it's a memory I will treasure to the end of my days. He blew my mind, quite honestly.

"Thank you, Ronnie James Dio, for everything!

"Our collective condolences goes out to his families and friends and the musicians that were fortunate enough to work with him.

"I was thinking about this for quite some time, and I think we can say for sure that even if he was taken from us too soon (100 years from now would've been to soon), I'm sure he felt happy with his life and what he had achieved. But it hurts, though, it really fucking hurts…. I can't stop thinking about it.

"There is a massive hole in my heart.

"Love you, Ronnie. Rest in peace.

"Your fan, Mikael Åkerfeldt"
source: blabbermouth.net